Someone hacked the ASU server, so faculty, staff and students were without computer access all day yesterday and this morning (technically it was up last night, but because everyone had to reset their passwords, the system was crashing). Luckily we work in an archive. Marcus and Jose came into work and are patiently refoldering Alianza. One of the other archivists and myself did a shelf move. We made room for LULAC collection, and then I moved the LULAC Collection out the processing area into the archive stacks. I also cleaned up the processing area, which was much needed. Need to make room for our next collection to be processed USWA. Got rid of 50+ acid-free banker boxes–and by that I mean carted them all back into the main processing room, blacked out all old information on the boxes to be reused for other other incoming donated collections.
Servers Down, So Cleaning House